Thursday, April 10, 2014

Erik Anarky

First off I have to start this by making an apology because like many people that have been approached by Erik Anarchy, I have avoided doing shows with him because I just assumed he was like most of the musicians out their with over inflated opinions of themselves without the skill to back it up. His performances are spastic, loud and obnoxious, which considering he labels his music Punk/Metal/Rock it goes right in line with that mix of genres. However too many times watching him onstage leaves the listener asking WTF! I never took the time to learn more about Erik.  If I had I would have learned that Erik is Autistic, and even with that struggle he takes on the music industry with a tenacity and determination that most of us can only dream of having. His music may still leaving me saying WTF at times but I can say that I have a new found respect for him. I hope that he keeps pursuing his dreams in this dog eat dog industry and doesn't let the ever changing tides of this business discourage him because he truly is an inspiration. Go check him out because it is definitely an entertaining experience, but bring some ear plugs because it can get pretty loud.

No comments:

Post a Comment