Tuesday, April 8, 2014

The State Of Live Music

I've been giving it a lot of thought lately and I am actually giving serious consideration to leaving the live music scene. It's no longer what it used to be. Ever since the advent of the torrent movement, the music industry has been on a serious decline. Metallica's Lars Ulrich only saw the tip of the iceberg and that alone sent him on a nuclear meltdown of epic proportions. As torrents progressively became more and more popular  the music industry began to severely panic. In an attempt to compete with the inevitable migration into the next generation of music they decided to flood pathways of the web with a cluster fuck of no talent hacks claiming to be the next big thing. As a result we have all had to suffer through hoards of pathetic followers that listen to mass media as far as what real music is and needs to be, while they bombard our ear drums with the auditory ass rape they perform on stage and record for our listening displeasure. Being in the music industry I have met some pretty great musicians. However I have had to endure some of the worst excuses for talent to grace the stages of this world since the formation of the art. Although am not out out to shatter anyone's dreams so I of course won't name names although I am sure you know who you are. If you don't I truly hope someone that loves you down the road takes your chosen instrument away from you and beats you with it, burns it in front of you, or gives it to someone with actual talent so we can bring closure to this horrific debacle finally. That being said I can say I have seen the tides of change coming and although I am considering leaving the stage I will never leave the music industry. I will just approach it from a different angle like a tactician taking on a particularly difficult force.  I will flank it from many different angles until I force it to see the talent I have been fervently waving in front of it's face for so many years that has only been appreciated on the small scale. As fulfilling as the praise from the fans are I will always want more...success not praise. I promise I'm not quite that narcissistic, yet. I will be reaching out on the internet to whomever would like to collaborate with me on my 400 or more songs that I have written. A list that keeps growing everyday because the muse that has me by the ear must have taken a fat line of coke back in the day because she hasn't shut up since, and I don't want her to. While I wait for the inevitable day I will be recognized I will just continue to comment on the great and not so great acts of this generation because I can no longer keep my mouth shut. If I do I am liable to snap one night and strangle some random band with their instrument cables in an attempt to save the audience from their onslaught of pathetic, mind numbing, less than eloquent representation of the shit they call music.    

No comments:

Post a Comment